30-Day Notice of Information Collection.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 77, Number 16, page 3795 on January, 25, 2012, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until April 30, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments concerning this information collection should be sent to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, Attn: DOJ Desk Officer. The best way to ensure your comments are received is to email them to OIRA_submission@omb.eop.gov or fax to 202-395-7285. All comments should reference the eight digit OMB Number for the collection or the title of the collection. If you have questions concerning the collection, please contact Tracey Robertson at email@example.com (304) 616-4647.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Summary of Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for an Amended Federal Firearms License.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 5300.38. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-Start Printed Page 19035profit. Other: Individual or households. Abstract:
Need for Collection
The form is primarily used when a Federal firearms licensee makes application to change the location of the business premises. The form is also used for changes of trade or business name, mailing address, contact information, hours of operation/availability and allows for licensees to indicate any changes of business structure.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 18,000 respondents will complete a 30 minute form once annually.
(6) An estimate of the total burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 9,000 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 2E-508, Washington, DC 20530.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2012-7536 Filed 3-28-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P