30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 77, Number 35, page 10560 on February 22, 2012, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until May 31, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, Attn: DOJ Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. The best way to ensure your comments are received is to email them to email@example.com or fax them to 202-395-7285. All comments should reference the eight digit OMB number or the title of the collection. If you have questions concerning the collection, contact James Yurgealitis at Yurgealitis@atf.gov or the DOJ Desk Officer at 202-514-4304.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Summary of Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for National Firearms Examiner
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 6330.1. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: State, Local, or Tribal Government. Other: Federal. Abstract: The changes to the form are to update telephone numbers and add two questions regarding if the applicant is a U.S. Citizen or a permanent resident alien.
Need for Collection
The information requested on this form is necessary to process requests from prospective students to attend the ATF National Firearms Examiner Academy and to acquire firearms and tool mark examiner training. The information collection is used to determine the eligibility of the applicant.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 75 respondents will complete the form within 12 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 15 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, Room 2E-508, 145 N Street NE., Washington, DC 20530.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2012-10380 Filed 4-30-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P