Under the provisions of the Federal Advisory Committee Act of 1972 (5 U.S.C., Appendix, as amended), the Government in the Sunshine Act of 1976 (5 U.S.C. 552b, as amended), and 41 CFR 102-3.150, the Department of Defense announces that the following Federal advisory committee meeting will take place:
1. Name of Committee: United States Military Academy Board of Visitors.
2. Date: Thursday, June 14, 2012.
3. Time: 12:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m. Members of the public wishing to attend the meeting will need to show photo identification in order to gain access to the meeting location. All participants are subject to security screening.
4. Location: Jefferson Hall, Haig Room, West Point, NY.
5. Purpose of the Meeting: This is the 2012 Summer Meeting of the USMA Board of Visitors (BoV). Members of the Board will be provided updates on Academy issues.
6. Agenda: The Academy leadership will provide the Board updates on the following: Physical, Moral/Ethical and Military Programs, to include Summer Training; the Academic Program, Summer Term Academic Program (STAP), Academic Individual Advanced Development (AIAD); the Admissions Program, including the Admissions Process and Class composition goals; and the USMA budget, personnel, and ongoing military construction (MILCON).
7. Public's Accessibility to the Meeting: Pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 552b and 41 CFR 102-3.140 through 102-3.165 and the availability of space, this meeting is open to the public. Seating is on a first-come basis.
8. Committee's Designated Federal Officer or Point of Contact: Ms. Deadra Ghostlaw, (845) 938-4200, Deadra.Ghostlaw@us.army.mil.
By rule, no member of the public attending open meetings will be allowed to present questions from the floor or speak to any issue under consideration by the Board. Any member of the public is permitted to file a written statement with the USMA Board of Visitors. Written statements should be sent to the Designated Federal Officer (DFO) at: United States Military Academy, Office of the Secretary of the General Staff (MASG), 646 Swift Road, West Point, NY 10996-1905 or faxed to the Designated Federal Officer (DFO) at (845) 938-3214. Written statements must be received no later than five working days prior to the next meeting in order to provide time for member consideration.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
The Committee's Designated Federal Officer or Point of Contact is Ms. Deadra Ghostlaw, (845) 938-4200, Deadra.Ghostlaw@us.army.mil.
Brenda S. Bowen,
Army Federal Register Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 2012-12765 Filed 5-24-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3710-08-P