Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on May 18, 2012 (77 FR 29697).
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR) Part 51—Environmental Protection Regulations for Domestic Licensing and Related Regulatory Functions.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0021.
4. The form number if applicable: N/A.
5. How often the collection is required: Upon submittal of an application for a construction permit, operating license, operating license renewal, early site review, design certification review, decommissioning or termination review, or manufacturing license, or upon submittal of a petition for rulemaking.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Licensees and applicants requesting approvals for actions proposed in accordance with the provisions of 10 CFR Parts 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 39, 40, 50, 52, 54, 60, 61, 70, and 72.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 48.31.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 48.31.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 100,783.
10. Abstract: The NRC's regulations at 10 CFR Part 51 specifies information to be provided by applicants and licensees so that the NRC can make determinations necessary to adhere to the policies, regulations, and public laws of the United States, which are to be interpreted and administered in accordance with the policies set forth in the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969, as amended.
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by September 7, 2012. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Chad Whiteman, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0021), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be emailed to Chad_S_Whiteman@omb.eop.go v or submitted by telephone at 202-395-4718.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell; telephone: 301-415-6258.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 2nd day of August 2012.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2012-19312 Filed 8-7-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P