Notice of open meeting.
This notice announces a meeting of the Environmental Management Site-Specific Advisory Board (EM SSAB), Hanford. The Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. No. 92-463, 86 Stat. 770) requires that public notice of this meeting be announced in the Federal Register.
Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Friday, November 2, 2012 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Red Lion Hanford House, 802 George Washington Way, Richland, WA 99352.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Tifany Nguyen, Federal Coordinator, Department of Energy Richland Operations Office, 825 Jadwin Avenue, P.O. Box 550, A7-75, Richland, WA, 99352; Phone: (509) 376-3361; or Email: email@example.com.
Purpose of the Board: The purpose of the Board is to make recommendations to DOE-EM and site management in the areas of environmental restoration, waste management, and related activities.
- Tri-Party Agreement Agencies—Annual Updates
○ U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Richland Operations Office
○ U.S. DOE, Office of River Protection
○ State of Washington Department of Ecology
○ U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Draft White Paper on Hanford Advisory Board (HAB) Values
- Draft Letter/Advice—Other HAB membership-related issues
- Overview of the Draft Injury Assessment Plan from the Hanford Natural Resources Trustee Council
- DOE's Land Conveyance Environmental Assessment: Overview of October 10 Public Scoping Meeting
- Board Member Orientation (for both new and current members/alternates)
- Review of EM SSAB Letters
- Committee Reports
- Board Business—Selection of new HAB Chair
Public Participation: The meeting is open to the public. The EM SSAB, Hanford, welcomes the attendance of the public at its advisory committee meetings and will make every effort to accommodate persons with physical disabilities or special needs. If you require special accommodations due to a disability, please contact Tifany Nguyen at least seven days in advance of the meeting at the phone number listed above. Written statements may be filed with the Board either before or after the meeting. Individuals who wish to make oral statements pertaining to agenda items should contact Tifany Nguyen at the address or telephone number listed above. Requests must be received five days prior to the meeting and reasonable provision will be made to include the presentation in the agenda. The Deputy Designated Federal Officer is empowered to conduct the meeting in a fashion that will facilitate the orderly conduct of business. Individuals wishing to make public comments will be provided a maximum of five minutes to present their comments.
Minutes: Minutes will be available by writing or calling Tifany Nguyen's office at the address or phone number listed above. Minutes will also be available at the following Web site: http://www.hanford.gov/page.cfm/hab.
Issued at Washington, DC on October 9, 2012.
LaTanya R. Butler,
Acting Deputy Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 2012-25628 Filed 10-17-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P