This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 10/18/2012 at 08:45 am.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, CNCS is soliciting comments concerning its proposed renewal of the President's Volunteer Service Awards (PVSA), parts A, B, C, D, E and F.
Copies of the information collection request can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the addresses section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by December 18, 2012.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, Office of Public Engagement, Attn: Mr. David Premo, (Public Engagement Specialist) 1201 New York Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to: the CNCS mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 606-3460, Attention: Mr. David Premo, Public Engagement Specialist.
(4) Electronically through www.regulations.gov. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call 1-800-833-3722 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. David Premo, (202) 606-6717, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CNCS is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of CNCS, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
Background: The President's Volunteer Service Awards were created by Executive Order on January 30, 2003. The awards are administered by the Corporation for National and Community Service. Under the Executive Order, the Corporation was directed to (among other things) design and recommend programs to recognize individuals, schools, and organizations that excel in their efforts to support volunteer service and civic participation, especially with respect to students in primary schools, secondary schools, and institutions of higher learning. The President's Volunteer Service Awards fulfills this direction. In order to recognize individuals, schools and organizations, the program must collect information about the individuals and organizations and their activities to verify that they are eligible to receive the award and have earned the award.
Current Action: CNCS seeks to renew the current information collection. The forms have been edited to include questions that allow us to confirm eligibility and provide a more streamlined online experience.
The information collection will otherwise be used in the same manner as the existing application. CNCS also seeks to continue using the current application until the revised application is approved by OMB. The current application is due to expire on March 31, 2013.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: President's Volunteer Service Awards, parts A, B, C, D, E and F.
OMB Number: 3045-0086.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: General public.
Total Respondents: 200,000.
Frequency: On occasion.
Average Time per Response: Averages 20 minutes.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 66,666 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.
Dated: October 4, 2012.
Senior Advisor, Public Engagement.
[FR Doc. 2012-25760 Filed 10-18-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P