This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 10/19/2012 at 08:45 am.
Proposed interim staff guidance; solicitation of public comment.
The U.S Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC or the Commission) staff is soliciting public comment on its proposed Interim Staff Guidance (ISG) DC/COL-ISG-024, “Implementation of Regulatory Guide 1.221 on Design-Basis Hurricane and Hurricane Missiles.” The purpose of this ISG is to supplement the guidance regarding the application of Regulatory Guide 1.221, “Design-Basis Hurricane and Hurricane Missiles for Nuclear Power Plants.”
Submit comments by November 21, 2012. Comments received after this date will be considered, if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
You may access information and comment submissions related to this document, which the NRC possesses and are publicly available, by searching on http://www.regulations.gov under Docket ID NRC-2012-0247. You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2012-0247. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-492-3668; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov.
- Mail comments to: Cindy Bladey, Chief, Rules, Announcements, and Directives Branch (RADB), Office of Administration, Mail Stop: TWB-05-B01M, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
- Fax comments to: RADB at 301-492-3446.
For additional direction on accessing information and submitting comments, see “Accessing Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. Brad Harvey, Office of New Reactors, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC, 20555-0001; telephone at 301-415-4118 or email at Brad.Harvey@nrc.gov.
I. Accessing Information and Submitting Comments
A. Accessing Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2012-0247 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information regarding this document. You may access information related to this document, which the NRC possesses and is publicly available, by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2012-0247.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may access publicly available documents online in the NRC Library at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The ADAMS accession number for each document referenced in this notice (if that document is available in ADAMS) is provided the first time that a document is referenced. The proposed ISG DC/COL-ISG-024 is under ADAMS Accession No. ML12132A512.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2012-0247 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. The NRC will post all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as enter the comment submissions into ADAMS. The NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment submissions into ADAMS.
The NRC staff issues DC/COL-ISGs to facilitate timely implementation of current staff guidance and to facilitate activities associated with review of applications for early site permits, design certifications, and combined licenses by the Office of New Reactors. The NRC staff intends to incorporate the final approved DC/COL-ISG-024 into the next revision of the Standard Review Plan and related guidance documents.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 10th day of October 2012.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Amy E. Cubbage,
Chief, Policy Branch, Division of Advanced Reactor and Rulemaking, Office of New Reactors.
[FR Doc. 2012-25927 Filed 10-19-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P