This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 10/19/2012 at 08:45 am.
Notice of availability and opportunity for public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is making available for comment Emergency Preparedness (EP) frequently asked questions (EPFAQs) No. 2012-002, No. 2012-004, No. 2012-005, and No. 2012-006. These EPFAQs will be used to provide clarification of guidance documents related to the development and maintenance of EP program elements. The NRC is publishing these preliminary results to inform the public and solicit comments.
Submit comments by November 21, 2012. Comments submitted after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given except for comments received on or before this date.
You may access information and comment submissions related to this document by searching on http://www.regulations.gov under Docket ID NRC-2012-0248.
You may submit comments by the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2012-0248. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-492-3668; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov.
- Mail comments to: Cindy Bladey, Chief, Rules, Announcements, and Directives Branch (RADB), Office of Administration, Mail Stop: TWB-05-B01M, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
- Fax comments to: RADB at 301-492-3446.
For additional direction on accessing information and submitting comments, see “Accessing Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Roxanne Wray, Office of Nuclear Security and Incident Response, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-5485 or by email at: Roxanne.Wray@nrc.gov.
I. Accessing Information and Submitting Comments
A. Accessing Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2012-0248 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information regarding this document. You may access information related to this document by the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web Site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2012-0248.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may access publicly available documents online in the NRC Library at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The draft EPFAQs are available electronically under ADAMS Accession No. ML12278A282, and are available on the NRC's Web site at http://www.nrc.gov/about-nrc/emerg-preparedness/faq/faq-contactus.html.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2012-0248 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. The NRC posts all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as entering the comment submissions into ADAMS, and the NRC does not edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information in their comment submissions that they do not want to be publicly disclosed. Your request should state that the NRC will not edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment submissions into ADAMS.
The NRC is requesting comment on this draft EPFAQ. This process is intended to describe the manner in which the NRC may provide interested outside parties an opportunity to share their individual views with NRC staff regarding the appropriate response to questions raised on the interpretation or applicability of EP guidance issued or endorsed by the NRC, before the NRC issues an official response to such questions.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland on October 15, 2012.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Deputy Director for Emergency Preparedness, Division of Preparedness and Response, Office of Nuclear Security and Incident Response.
[FR Doc. 2012-25929 Filed 10-19-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P