This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 11/21/2012 at 08:45 am.
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on August 1, 2012 (77 FR 45697).
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: Part 60 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR), “Disposal of High-Level Radioactive Wastes in Geologic Repositories.”
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0127.
4. The form number if applicable: N/A.
5. How often the collection is required: The information need only be submitted one time.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: State or Indian tribes, or their representatives, requesting consultation with the NRC staff regarding review of a potential high-level radioactive waste geologic repository site, or wishing to participate in a license application review for a potential geologic repository (other than a potential geologic repository site at Yucca Mountain, Nevada, which is regulated under 10 CFR part 63).
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 1; however, none are expected in the next 3 years.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 1; however, none are expected in the next 3 years.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1 hour; however, none are expected in the next 3 years.
10. Abstract: Part 60 requires States and Indian tribes to submit certain information to the NRC if they request consultation with the NRC staff concerning the review of a potential repository site, or wish to participate in a license application review for a potential repository (other than the Yucca Mountain, Nevada site, which is regulated under 10 CFR part 63). Representatives of States or Indian tribes must submit a statement of their authority to act in such a representative capacity. The information submitted by the States and Indian tribes is used by the Director of the Office of Nuclear Material Safety and Safeguards as a basis for decisions about the commitment of NRC staff resources to the consultation and participation efforts. The NRC anticipates conducting a public rulemaking to revise portions of 10 CFR part 60 in the near future (i.e., within the next 5 years). If, as part of this rulemaking, revisions are made affecting the information collection requirements, the NRC will follow OMB requirements for obtaining approval for any revised information collection requirements. [Note: All of the information collection requirements pertaining to Yucca Mountain were included in 10 CFR part 63, and were approved by OMB under control number 3150-0199. The Yucca Mountain site is regulated under 10 CFR part 63 (66 FR 55792, November 2, 2001).]
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by December 24, 2012. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Chad Whiteman, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0127), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be emailed to Chad_S_Whiteman@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at 202-395-4718.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, 301-415-6258.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 16th day of November, 2012.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2012-28442 Filed 11-21-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P