Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on November 20, 2012 (77 FR 69663).
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 55, Operators' Licenses.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0018.
4. The form number if applicable: N/A.
5. How often the collection is required: As necessary for NRC to meet its responsibilities to determine the eligibility for applicants and operators.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Holders of, and applicants for facility (i.e., nuclear power and non-power research and test reactor) operating licenses and individual operator licensees.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 236.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 101.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 165,900.
10. Abstract: Part 55 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR), “Operators' Licenses,” specifies information and data to be provided by applicants and facility licensees so that the NRC may make determinations concerning the licensing and requalification of operators for nuclear reactors, as necessary to promote public health and safety. The reporting and recordkeeping requirements contained in 10 CFR part 55 are mandatory for the facility licensees and the applicants affected.
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20874. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's public Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by March 4, 2013. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Chad Whiteman, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0018), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be emailed to Chad_S_Whiteman@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at 202-395-4718.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, 301-415-6258.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 22nd day of January, 2013.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2013-02151 Filed 1-31-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P