This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 02/15/2013 at 08:45 am.
Postal Regulatory Commission.
The Commission is noticing a recent Postal Service filing concerning a successor International Reply Service Competitive Contract 3 Negotiated Service Agreement. This notice informs the public of the filing, invites public comment, and takes other administrative steps.
Comments are due: February 20, 2013.
Submit comments electronically via the Commission's Filing Online system at http://www.prc.gov. Those who cannot submit comments electronically should contact the person identified in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section by telephone for advice on filing alternatives.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Stephen L. Sharfman, General Counsel, at 202-789-6820.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Start Printed Page 11700
Table of Contents
II. Contents of Filing
III. Notice of Proceeding
IV. Ordering Paragraphs
On February 11, 2013, the Postal Service filed a notice pursuant to 39 CFR 3015.5 announcing that it has entered into an additional International Business Reply Service (IBRS) Competitive Contract 3 negotiated service agreement (Agreement). It seeks to have the Agreement included within the existing IBRS Competitive Contract 3 product on grounds of functional equivalence to the baseline agreement filed in Docket No. CP2011-59. Notice at 3-4.
II. Contents of Filings
Agreement. The Postal Service states that the Agreement is the successor to the agreement included in the IBRS Competitive Contract 3 product in Docket No. CP2012-16. Id. at 3.
The Postal Service filed the following material in conjunction with its Notice, along with public (redacted) versions of supporting financial information:
- Attachment 1—a redacted copy of the Agreement;
- Attachment 2—a certified statement required by 39 CFR 3015.5(c)(2);
- Attachment 3—a redacted copy of Governors' Decision No. 08-24; and
- Attachment 4—an application for non-public treatment of materials filed under seal.
Functional equivalency. The Postal Service asserts that the Agreement is functionally equivalent to the baseline agreement filed in Docket No. CP2011-59 because it shares similar cost and market characteristics and meets criteria in Governors' Decision No. 08-24 concerning attributable costs. Id. at 3-4. The Postal Service further asserts that the functional terms of the Agreement and the baseline agreement are the same and the benefits are comparable. Id. at 4. It states that prices offered under the Agreement may differ due to postage commitments and when the Agreement is signed (due to updated costing information), but asserts that these differences do not alter the functional equivalency of the Agreement and the baseline agreement. Id. at 4-5. The Postal Service also identifies differences between the terms of the two agreements, but asserts that these differences do not affect the fundamental service being offered or the fundamental structure of the Agreement. Id.
III. Notice of Proceeding
The Commission establishes Docket No. CP2013-50 for consideration of matters raised by the Postal Service's Notice. Interested persons may submit comments on whether the Agreement is consistent with the requirements of 39 CFR 3015.5 and the policies of 39 U.S.C. 3632 and 3633. Comments are due no later than February 20, 2013. The public portions of this filing can be accessed via the Commission's Web site, http://www.prc.gov. Information on how to obtain access to material filed under seal appears in 39 CFR 3007.50.
The Commission appoints James F. Callow to serve as Public Representative in the captioned proceeding.
IV. Ordering Paragraphs
It is ordered:
1. The Commission establishes Docket No. CP2013-50 for consideration of the matters raised by the Postal Service's Notice.
2. Comments by interested persons in this proceeding are due no later than February 20, 2013.
3. Pursuant to 39 U.S.C. 505, the Commission appoints James F. Callow to serve as an officer of the Commission (Public Representative) to represent the interests of the general public in this docket.
4. The Secretary shall arrange for publication of this order in the Federal Register.Start Signature
By the Commission.
Shoshana M. Grove,
1. Notice of United States Postal Service Filing of a Functionally Equivalent International Business Reply Service Competitive Contract 3 Negotiated Service Agreement, February 11, 2013 (Notice).Back to Citation
2. See Docket Nos. MC2011-21 and CP2011-59 (based on Governors' Decision No. 08-24), Order No. 684, Order Approving International Business Reply Service Competitive Contract 3 Negotiated Service Agreement, February 28, 2011.Back to Citation
3. Differences include a new sentence in Article 15 and an additional Article 30. Id. at 5.Back to Citation
[FR Doc. 2013-03662 Filed 2-15-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7710-FW-P