This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 04/02/2013 at 08:45 am.
National Protection and Programs Directorate, DHS.
30-day notice and request for comments; New Information Collection Request: 1670-NEW.Start Printed Page 20120
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C), Office of Emergency Communications (OEC) has submitted the following Information Collection Request (ICR) to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (Pub. L. No. 104-13, 44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). NPPD is soliciting comments concerning the Broad Stakeholder Survey. DHS previously published this ICR in the Federal Register on August 20, 2012, for a 60-day public comment period. DHS received no comments. The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until May 3, 2013. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Interested persons are invited to submit written comments on the proposed information collection to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, OMB. Comments should be addressed to OMB Desk Officer, DHS, Office of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties. Comments must be identified by “DHS-2012-0042” and may be submitted by one of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov.
- Email: email@example.com. Include the docket number in the subject line of the message.
- Fax: (202) 395-5806.
Instructions: All submissions received must include the words “Department of Homeland Security” and the docket number for this action. Comments received will be posted without alteration at http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal information provided.
OMB is particularly interested in comments that:
1. Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
2. Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
3. Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
4. Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Amanda Hilliard DHS/NPPD/CS&C/OEC, Amanda.Hilliard@hq.dhs.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
OEC, formed under Title XVIII of the Homeland Security Act of 2002, 6 U.S.C. § 101 et seq., as amended, was established to promote, facilitate, and support the continued advancement of communications capabilities for emergency responders across the Nation. The Broad Stakeholder Survey is designed to gather stakeholder feedback on the effectiveness of OEC services and to gather input on challenges and initiatives for interoperable emergency communications. The Broad Stakeholder Survey will be conducted primarily electronically.
Agency: Department of Homeland Security, National Protection and Programs Directorate, Office of Cybersecurity and Communications, Office of Emergency Communications.
Title: Broad Stakeholder Survey.
Form: DHS Form 9041.
OMB Number: 1670-NEW.
Affected Public: Federal, state, local, tribal and territorial government officials.
Number of Respondents: 5,000.
Estimated Time per Respondent: 15 minutes.
Total Burden Hours: 1,250 annual burden hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): $0.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintaining): $30,525.00.Start Signature
Dated: March 26, 2013.
Deputy Chief Information Officer, National Protection and Programs Directorate, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2013-07732 Filed 4-2-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9110-9P-P