United States Commission on Civil Rights.
Notice of Briefing and Business Meeting.
DATE AND TIME:
Friday, April 19, 2013; 9:30 a.m. EST.
1331 Pennsylvania Ave NW., Suite 1150, Washington, DC 20425.
Briefing Agenda—9:30 a.m.-11:15 a.m.
This briefing is open to the public.
Topic: Increasing Compliance with Section 7 of the NVRA.
I. Introductory Remarks by Chairman
II. Panel Discussion—State Government Officials & Litigators Speakers' Remarks and Questions from Commissioners
III. Adjourn Briefing
Meeting Agenda—11:15 a.m.
I. Approval of Agenda
II. Office of General Counsel—Training on Online Filing of OGE Form 278
III. Program Planning
- Update on the Sex Trafficking: A Gender-Based Violation of Civil Rights briefing
- Update on the Federal Civil Rights Engagement with Arab & Muslim Communities Post 9/11 briefing
- Update on the Assessing the Impact of Criminal Background Checks and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's Conviction Records Policy on the Employment of Black and Hispanic Workers briefing
- Update on the Regulatory and Other Barriers to Entrepreneurship that Impede Business Start-Ups Briefing
- Update on the Reconciling Non-Discrimination Principles with Civil Liberties briefing
- Update on the Adequate Protection of the Civil Rights of Veterans and Service Members Briefing
IV. Management and Operations
- Consideration of Changes to Business Meeting Calendar for August and September 2013
- Discussion re: the Chief of RPCU position
- Discussion re: delegation of authority to the Chief of the RPCU to approve SAC project proposals
- Update on Budget and Personnel issues from the Office of Management & Budget
V. Approval of State Advisory Committee Appointment Slates
- New Jersey
- South Dakota
VI. Adjourn Meeting
CONTACT PERSON FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Lenore Ostrowsky, Acting Chief, Public Affairs Unit (202) 376-8591.
Hearing-impaired persons who will attend the meeting and require the services of a sign language interpreter should contact Pamela Dunston at (202) 376-8105 or at email@example.com at least seven business days before the scheduled date of the meeting.
Dated: April 8, 2013.
Director of Management/Human Resources.
[FR Doc. 2013-08533 Filed 4-8-13; 4:15 pm]
BILLING CODE 6335-01-P