Start Printed Page 22431
Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Department of Energy.
Notice of open meeting.
This notice announces an open meeting of the Commercial Heating, Ventilation, and Air-conditioning (HVAC), Water Heating (WH), and Refrigeration Certification Working Group (Commercial Certification Group). The purpose of the Commercial Certification Group is to undertake a negotiated rulemaking to discuss and, if possible, reach consensus on proposed certification requirements for commercial HVAC, WH, and refrigeration equipment, as authorized by the Energy Policy and Conservation Act of 1975, as amended, 42 U.S.C. 6313(a)(6)(C) and 6317(a).
An open meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (EDT).
U.S. Department of Energy, Forrestal Building, Room 8E-089, 1000 Independence Avenue SW., Washington, DC 20585. Individuals will also have the opportunity to participate by webinar. To register for the webinar and receive call-in information, please register at https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/574434864.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
John Cymbalsky, ASRAC Designated Federal Officer, Supervisory Operations Research Analyst, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, 950 L'Enfant Plaza, SW., Washington, DC, 20024. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Membership: The members of the Certification Working Group were chosen from nominations submitted in response to the Department of Energy's call for nominations published in the Federal Register on Tuesday, March 12, 2013. 78 FR 15653. The selections are designed to ensure a broad and balanced array of stakeholder interests and expertise on the negotiating working group for the purpose of developing a rule that is legally and economically justified, technically sound, fair to all parties, and in the public interest. All meetings are open to all stakeholders and the public, and participation by all is welcome within boundaries as required by the orderly conduct of business. The members of the Certification Group are as follows:
DOE and ASRAC Representatives
- Laura Barhydt (U.S. Department of Energy)
- John Mandyck (UTC Climate, Controls & Security)
- Kent Peterson (P2S Engineering, Inc.)
Other Selected Members
- Karim Amrane (Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute)
- Timothy Ballo (EarthJustice)
- Jeff Bauman (National Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning)
- Brice Bowley (GE Appliances)
- Mary Dane (Traulsen)
- Paul Doppel (Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc.)
- Geoffrey Halley (SJI Consultants, Inc.)
- Pantelis Hatzikazakis (Lennox International, Inc.)
- Charles Hon (True Manufacturing)
- Jill Hootman (Trane)
- Marshall Hunt (Pacific Gas and Electric Company)
- Michael Kojak (Underwriters Laboratories LLC)
- Karen Meyers (Rheem Manufacturing Co.)
- Peter Molvie (Cleaver-Brooks Product Development)
- Neil Rolph (Lochinvar, LLC)
- Harvey Sachs (American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy)
- Ronald Shebik (Hussmann Corporation)
- Judd Smith (CSA)
- Louis Starr (Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance)
- Phillip Stephens (Heat Transfer Products)
- Russell Tharp (Goodman Manufacturing)
- Eric Truskoski (Bradford White Corp.)
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice and recommendations to the U.S. Department of Energy on certification requirements of commercial HVAC, WH, and refrigeration equipment under the authority of the Negotiated Rulemaking Act (5 U.S.C. 561-570, Pub. L. 104-320).
Tentative Agenda: (Subject to change):
- Overview of Working Group's Tasks;
- Discussion and Formation of a Work Plan for the Commercial HVAC, WH, and Refrigeration Certification Working Group to Accomplish Objectives; and
- Discussion of Issues for Negotiation.
Public Participation: Members of the public are welcome to observe the business of the meeting and, if time allows, may make oral statements during the specified period for public comment. To attend the meeting and/or to make oral statements regarding any of the items on the agenda, email email@example.com. In the email, please indicate your name, organization (if appropriate), citizenship, and contact information. Please note that foreign nationals visiting DOE Headquarters are subject to advance security screening procedures. Any foreign national wishing to participate in the meeting should advise ASRAC staff as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the necessary procedures, no later than Tuesday, April 16, 2013. Anyone attending the meeting will be required to present a government photo identification, such as a passport, driver's license, or government identification. Due to the required security screening upon entry, individuals attending should arrive early to allow for the extra time needed.
Members of the public will be heard in the order in which they sign up for the Public Comment Period. Time allotted per speaker will depend on the number of individuals who wish to speak but will not exceed five minutes. Reasonable provision will be made to include the scheduled oral statements on the agenda. A third-party neutral Start Printed Page 22432facilitator will make every effort to allow the presentations of views of all interested parties and to facilitate the orderly conduct of business.
Participation in the meeting is not a prerequisite for submission of written comments. Written comments are welcome from all interested parties. Any comments submitted must identify the Commercial HVAC, WH, and Refrigeration Certification Working Group, and provide docket number EERE-2013-BT-NOC-0023. Comments may be submitted using any of the following methods:
1. Federal eRulemaking Portal:
www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
ASRACworkgroup2013NOC0023@ee.doe.gov. Include docket number EERE-2013-BT-NOC-0023 in the subject line of the message.
3. Mail: Ms. Brenda Edwards, U.S. Department of Energy, Building Technologies Program, Mailstop EE-2J, 1000 Independence Avenue SW., Washington, DC 20585-0121. If possible, please submit all items on a compact disc (CD), in which case it is not necessary to include printed copies.
4. Hand Delivery/Courier: Ms. Brenda Edwards, U.S. Department of Energy, Building Technologies Program, 950 L'Enfant Plaza, SW., Suite 600, Washington, DC 20024. Telephone: (202) 586-2945. If possible, please submit all items on a CD, in which case it is not necessary to include printed copies.
No telefacsimilies (faxes) will be accepted.
Docket: The docket is available for review at www.regulations.gov, including Federal Register notices, public meeting attendee lists and transcripts, comments, and other supporting documents/materials. All documents in the docket are listed in the www.regulations.gov index. However, not all documents listed in the index may be publicly available, such as information that is exempt from public disclosure.
The Secretary of Energy has approved publication of today's notice of open meeting.
End Supplemental Information
Issued in Washington, DC, on April 9, 2013.
Kathleen B. Hogan,
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
[FR Doc. 2013-08872 Filed 4-15-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P