30-Day Notice of Information Collection for Review; File No. I-352, Immigration Bond; OMB Control No. 1653-0022.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), will submit the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on February 15, 2013, Vol. 78 No. 03591 allowing for a 60 day comment period. No comments were received during this period. The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies regarding items contained in this notice and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget. Comments should be addressed to OMB Desk Officer, for United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security, and sent via electronic mail to oira email@example.com or faxed to (202) 395-5806.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for thirty days until May 20, 2013. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to becollected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension, without change, of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Immigration Bond.
(3) Agency form number, if any and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: (No. Form I-352); U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individual or Households; business or other for-profit. The data collected on this collection instrument is used by ICE to ensure that the person or company posting the bond is aware of the duties and responsibilities associated with the bond. The collection instrument serves the purpose of instructions in the completion of the form, together with an explanation of the terms and conditions of the bond. Sureties have the capability of accessing, completing and submitting a bond electronically through ICE's eBonds system which encompasses the I-352, while individuals are required to complete the bond form manually.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 25,000 responses at 30 minutes (.50 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 12,500 annual burden hours. Comments should be addressed to OMB Desk Officer, for United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security, and sent via electronic mail to oira firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (202) 395-5806.
Dated: April 17, 2012.
Forms Manager, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2013-09246 Filed 4-18-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-28-P