The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 78, Number 42, page 14121 on March 4, 2013, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until June 6, 2013. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments concerning this information collection should be sent to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, Attn: DOJ Desk Officer. The best way to ensure your comments are received is to email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 202-395-7285. All comments should reference the eight digit OMB number or the title of the collection.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Summary of Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of an existing collection of information.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Police Check Inquiry and Pre-Screening Qualifications Certification.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 8620.42 and ATF F 8620.62; Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households Other: Business or Other For-Profit.
Need for Collection
The information requested is necessary to determine if individuals (potential contractors, task force officers, and volunteers) interested in Start Printed Page 26657providing services to ATF meet DOJ and ATF basic qualification requirements to be considered for access to ATF information, information technology systems, and/or facilities. These agency specific requirements include, but are not limited to, residency, citizenship, drug use, financial history, firearms/explosives licensing, criminal history, and conduct qualifications. The revision to this collection is adding a new form ATF Form 8620.62 for individuals that require unescorted access to ATF information and facilities, and minor clarifying information on ATF Form 8620.42.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 1000 respondents will take 5 minutes to complete ATF F 8620.42 and 1500 respondents will take 7 minutes to complete ATF F 8620.62.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 258 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3W-1407B, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: May 2, 2013.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2013-10768 Filed 5-6-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P