Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, HHS.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information (including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information) and to allow 60 days for public comment on the proposed action. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding our burden estimates or any other aspect of this collection of information, including any of the following subjects: (1) The necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions; (2) the accuracy of the estimated burden; (3) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (4) the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Comments must be received by August 30, 2013.
When commenting, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number (OCN). To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be submitted in any one of the following ways:
1. Electronically. You may send your comments electronically to http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for “Comment or Submission” or “More Search Options” to find the information collection document(s) that are accepting comments.
2. By regular mail. You may mail written comments to the following address:
CMS, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs, Division of Regulations Development, Attention: Document Identifier/OMB Control Number ____, Room C4-26-05, 7500 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' Web site address at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PaperworkReductionActof1995.
2. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
3. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
This notice sets out a summary of the use and burden associated with the following information collection. More detailed information can be found in the collection's supporting statement and associated materials (see ADDRESSES).
CMS-10486 Health Care Sharing Ministries Information Collection
Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA) (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA requires federal agencies to publish a 60-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice.
1. Type of Information Collection Request: New collection (Request for a new OMB control number); Title of Information Collection: Health Care Sharing Ministries Information Collection; Use: In order to facilitate the provision of an exemption for membership in a health care sharing ministry to the members of such ministry, we specify in § 155.615(c)(2) that an organization that believes that it meets the statutory standards to be considered a health care sharing ministry will submit certain information to HHS. We are aware of four organizations that have made public statements regarding their status as a health care sharing ministry, and so have estimated burden for four entities. The burden associated with this process includes the time for the organization to collect and input the necessary information, maintain a copy for recordkeeping by clerical staff, for a manager and legal counsel to review it and for a senior executive to review and sign it. The information would be submitted to CMS electronically at minimal cost. Form Number: CMS-10486 (OCN: 0938-NEW); Frequency: Once, Yearly; Affected Public: Private sector—not-for-profit institutions; Number of Respondents: 4; Number of Responses: 4; Total Annual Hours: 4.25. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Zach Baron at 301-492-4478.)
End Supplemental Information
Dated: June 26, 2013.
Deputy Director, Regulations Development Group, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2013-15757 Filed 6-27-13; 4:15 pm]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P