Coast Guard, DHS.
Notice of enforcement of regulation.
The Coast Guard will enforce various special local regulations for annual regattas and marine parades in the Captain of the Port Detroit zone from 9:00 a.m. on June 21, 2013 through 7:00 p.m. on July 28, 2013. This action is necessary and intended to ensure safety of life on the navigable waters immediately prior to, during, and immediately after regattas or marine parades. Enforcement of these special local regulations rule will establish restrictions upon, and control movement of, vessels in specified areas immediately prior to, during, and immediately after regattas or marine parades. During the enforcement periods, no person or vessel may enter the regulated areas without permission of the Captain of the Port.
The regulations in 33 CFR 100 .914, .915, .918, and .919 will be enforced at various times between June 21, 2013 and July 28, 2013.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have questions on this notice, call or email LT Adrian Palomeque, Prevention Department, Sector Detroit, Coast Guard; telephone (313)568-9508, email Adrian.F.Palomeque@uscg.mil.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
The Coast Guard will enforce the following special local regulations in 33 CFR 100 at the following dates and times:
(1) Sec. 100.914 Trenton Rotary Roar on the River, Trenton, MI.
This special local regulation will be enforced from 12:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on July 19, 2013 and from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on July 20 and 21, 2013.
(2) Sec. 100.915 St. Clair River Classic Offshore Race, St. Clair, MI.
This special local regulation will be enforced from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on July 26, 27 and 28, 2013.
(3) Sec. 100.918 Detroit APBA Gold Cup, Detroit MI.
This special local regulation will be enforced from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on July 12, 13 and 14, 2013.
(4) Sec. 100.919 International Bay City River Roar, Bay City, MI.
This special local regulation will be enforced from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on June 21, 22, and 23, 2013. In the case of inclement weather on June 23, 2013, this special local regulation will also be enforced from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on June 24, 2013.
(1) In accordance with the general regulations in 33 CFR 100.901, entry into, transiting, or anchoring within these regulated areas is prohibited Start Printed Page 41300unless authorized by the Captain of the Port Detroit, or his designated on-scene representative.
(2) These regulated areas are closed to all vessel traffic, except as may be permitted by the Captain of the Port Detroit or his designated on-scene representative.
(3) The “designated on-scene representative” of the Captain of the Port is any Coast Guard commissioned, warrant, or petty officer who has been designated by the Captain of the Port to act on his behalf. The designated on-scene representative of the Captain of the Port will be aboard either a Coast Guard or Coast Guard Auxiliary vessel. The Captain of the Port or his designated on scene representative may be contacted via VHF Channel 16.
(4) Vessel operators desiring to enter or operate within the regulated area shall contact the Captain of the Port Detroit or his designated on-scene representative to obtain permission.
(5) Vessel operators given permission to enter or operate in the regulated area must comply with all directions given to them by the Captain of the Port or his designated on-scene representative.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: June 20, 2013.
Captain, U.S. Coast Guard, Captain of the Port Detroit.
[FR Doc. 2013-16519 Filed 7-9-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9110-04-P