30 Day Notice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 78, Number 128, pages 40189-40190, on July 3, 2013, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until October 16, 2013. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Brecht Donoghue, (202) 305-1270, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 810 Seventh Street NW., Washington, DC 20531.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;Start Printed Page 56941
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection Back to Top
(1) Type of information collection: Extension, without change, of a currently approved collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Juvenile Residential Facility Census.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: The form number is CJ-15, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, United States Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Federal Government, State, Local or Tribal. Other: Not-for-profit institutions; Business or other for-profit.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 2,545 respondents will complete a 2-hour questionnaire.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: Approximately 5,090 hours.
If additional information is required, contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 1407-B, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: September 10, 2013.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2013-22371 Filed 9-13-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-P