Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for a new information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: Voluntary Reporting of Planned Licensing Request Submittals.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-XXXX.
3. How often the collection is required: Annually.
4. Who is required or asked to report: All operating power reactors whose licensing actions are handled by the Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation, Division of Operating Reactor Licensing.
5. The number of annual respondents: 62.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 310.
7. Abstract: The NRC is seeking information on the licensing actions that licensees plan to submit over the next three years. The information would be used by the Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation to better plan its resource utilization. Specifically, the office would use the information to (1) inform its budget development, (2) identify potential impacts from multiple actions utilizing the same resources, (3) develop solutions, if possible, to resource conflicts, and (4) communicate scheduling impacts to stakeholders.
Submit, by November 29, 2013, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/.
The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should Start Printed Page 59981reference Docket No. NRC-2013-0213. You may submit your comments by any of the following methods. Electronic comments go to: http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2013-0213. Mail comments to NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-6258, or by email to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 24th day of September 2013.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2013-23662 Filed 9-27-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P