This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 11/14/2013 at 08:45 am.
National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity, Office of Postsecondary Education, U.S. Department of Education.
U.S. Department of Education, Office of Postsecondary Education, 1990 K Street NW., Room 8072, Washington, DC 20006.
Announcement of revisions to the agenda for the December 12-13, 2013 meeting of the National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity (NACIQI).
NACIQI'S Statutory Authority and Function: The NACIQI is established under Section 114 of the HEA of 1965, as amended, 20 U.S.C. 1011c. The NACIQI advises the Secretary of Education about:
- The establishment and enforcement of the criteria for recognition of accrediting agencies or associations under Subpart 2, Part H, Title IV, of the HEA, as amended.
- The recognition of specific accrediting agencies or associations or a specific State approval agency.
- The preparation and publication of the list of nationally recognized accrediting agencies and associations.
- The eligibility and certification process for institutions of higher education under Title IV, of the HEA, together with recommendations for improvement in such process.
- The relationship between (1) accreditation of institutions of higher education and the certification and eligibility of such institutions, and (2) State licensing responsibilities with respect to such institutions.
- Any other advisory function relating to accreditation and institutional eligibility that the Secretary may prescribe.
This meeting notice is an update to the two previous notices (78 FR 50401) published on August 19, 2013, and (78 FR 64929) published on October 30, 2013. This notice sets forth revisions to the agenda, specifically, the removal of the petition for initial recognition submitted by the Association of Institutions for Jewish Studies (AIJS) from the agenda. In addition, the election of a NACIQI Chairperson and a Vice Chairperson will precede the Committee's review of agencies scheduled for review. This notice is required under Section 10(a)(2) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) and Section 114(d)(1)(B) of the Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965, as amended.
Meeting Date and Place: The NACIQI meeting will be held on December 12-13, 2013, from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Liaison Capitol Hill Hotel, 415 New Jersey Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20001.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Carol Griffiths, Executive Director, NACIQI, U.S. Department of Education, 1990 K Street NW., Room 8073, Washington, DC 20006-8129, telephone: (202) 219-7035, fax: (202) 219-7005, or email Carol.Griffiths@ed.gov.
Electronic Access to This Document: The official version of this document is Start Printed Page 68833the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available via the Federal Digital System at: www.gpo.gov/fdsys. At this site you can view this document, as well as all other documents of this Department published in the Federal Register, in text or Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). To use PDF, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available free at the site. You may also access documents of the Department published in the Federal Register by using the article search feature at: www.federalregister.gov. Specifically, through the advanced search feature at this site, you can limit your search to documents published by the Department.Start Signature
Lynn B. Mahaffie,
Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy, Planning, and Innovation, delegated the authority to perform the functions and duties of the Assistant Secretary for Postsecondary Education.
[FR Doc. 2013-27394 Filed 11-14-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4000-01-P