Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 4 “Nondiscrimination in Federally Assisted Commission Programs.”
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0053.
3. How often the collection is required: Provisions for this collection are covered in Section 4.331 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR) Compliance Reviews, which indicates that the NRC may conduct compliance reviews and Pre-Award reviews of recipients or use other similar procedures that will permit it to investigate and correct violations of the act and these regulations. The NRC may conduct these reviews even in absence of a complaint against a recipient. The reviews may be as comprehensive as necessary to determine whether a violation of these regulations has occurred.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Recipients of Federal Financial Assistance provided by the NRC (including Educational Institutions, Other Nonprofit Organizations receiving Federal Assistance, and Agreement States.
5. The number of annual respondents: 200.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 3,600 hours (3,000 hrs for reporting (5 hrs per respondent) and 600 hrs for recordkeeping (3 hrs per recordkeeper)).
7. Abstract: The regulations under 10 CFR Part 4 implement the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Public Law 88-352; (78 Stat. 241; 42 U.S.C. 2000a note), Title IV of the Energy Reorganization Act of 1974, Public Law 93-438, (88 stat. 1233; 42 U.S.C. 5801 note), which relate to nondiscrimination with respect to race, color, national origin or sex in any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance from NRC; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, Public Law 93-112 (87 Stat. 355; 29 U.S.C. 701 note), Public Law 95-602 (92 Stat. 2955; 29 U.S.C. 701 note) which relates to nondiscrimination with respect to disability in any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance; and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Public Law 94-135 (89 Stat. 713; 42 U.S.C. 3001 note), Public Law 95-478 (92 Stat. 1513; 42 U.S.C. 3001 note), which relates to nondiscrimination on the basis of age in any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
Submit, by January 28, 2014, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
The public may examine and have copied for fee publicly available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2013-0258. You may submit your comments by any of the following methods: Electronic comments: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2013-0258. Mail comments to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-Start Printed Page 716756258, or by email to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 20th day of November, 2013.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer. Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2013-28601 Filed 11-27-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P