This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 11/27/2013 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the information collection described below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this Notice is to allow 30 days for public comment.
Submit comments directly to the Office of Management and Budget up to December 30, 2013.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com. You must include the DS Start Printed Page 71705form number, information collection title, and the OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to Robin J. Lerner, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Private Sector Exchange, ECA/EC, SA-5, Floor 5, Department of State, 2200 C Street NW., Washington, DC 20522-0505, who may be reached on 202-632-3206 or at JExchanges@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Recording, Reporting, and Data Collection—Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0147.
- Type of Request: Revision of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of Private Sector Exchange, ECA/EC.
- Form Number: Forms DS-3036, DS-3037 and DS-7000.
- Respondents: U.S. government and public and private organizations wishing to become U.S. Department of State designated sponsors authorized to conduct exchange visitor programs, and Department of State designated sponsors.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 191,675 (DS-3036—60; DS-3037—1,415; DS-7000—190,200).
- Estimated Number of Responses: 1,572,192 (DS-3036—60; DS-3037—2,830; DS-7000—1,569,302).
- Average Time Per Response: DS-3036—8 hours; DS-3037—20 minutes; DS-7000—45 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden: 1,302,807 hours (DS-3036—480 hours; DS-3037—943 hours; DS-7000—1,301,384 hours)
- Frequency: On Occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain a Benefit.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of proposed collection: The collection is the continuation of information collected and needed by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs in administering the Exchange Visitor Program (J-Visa) under the provisions of the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act, as amended (22 U.S.C. 2451, et seq.). Form DS-3036 has been revised to add a new certification for Responsible Officers and update Office addresses.
Methodology: Access to Forms DS-3036 and DS-3037 are found in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).Start Signature
Dated: November 19, 2013.
Robin J. Lerner,
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Private Sector Exchange, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2013-28673 Filed 11-27-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-05-P