This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 11/29/2013 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of availability and opportunity for public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is making available for comment Emergency Preparedness Frequently Asked Question (EPFAQ) No. 2013-008. This EPFAQ will be used to provide clarification of guidance documents related to the development and maintenance of emergency preparedness program elements. The NRC is publishing these preliminary results to inform the public and solicit comments.
Submit comments by January 2, 2014. Comments submitted after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given except for comments received on or before this date.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods (unless this document describes a different method for submitting comments on a specific subject):
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2013-0262. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-287-3422; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov. For technical questions, contact the individual(s) listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this document.
- Mail comments to: Cindy Bladey, Chief, Rules, Announcements, and Directives Branch (RADB), Office of Administration, Mail Stop: 3WFN-06-44M, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
For additional direction on accessing information and submitting comments, see “Accessing Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Carolyn Kahler, Office of Nuclear Security and Incident Response, telephone: 301-287-3722 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org; U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Accessing Information and Submitting Comments
A. Accessing Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2013-0262 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information regarding this document. You may access publicly-available information related to this document by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2013-0262.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may access publicly available documents online in the NRC Library at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The ADAMS accession number for each document referenced in this document (if that document is available in ADAMS) is provided the first time that a document is referenced. The draft EPFAQ is available electronically under ADAMS Accession Number ML13323B458, and is available on the NRC's Web site at http://www.nrc.gov/about-nrc/emerg-preparedness/faq/faq-contactus.html.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2013-0262 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in you comment submission. The NRC will post all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as enter the Start Printed Page 72123comment submissions into ADAMS. The NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment submissions into ADAMS.
The NRC is requesting comment on this draft EPFAQ. This process is intended to describe the manner in which the NRC may provide interested outside parties an opportunity to share their individual views with NRC staff regarding the appropriate response to questions raised on the interpretation or applicability of emergency preparedness guidance issued or endorsed by the NRC, before the NRC issues an official response to such questions.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland on November 22, 2013.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Deputy Director, Division of Preparedness and Response, Office of Nuclear Security and Incident Response.
[FR Doc. 2013-28816 Filed 11-29-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P