This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 12/26/2013 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: DOE/NRC Form 741, Nuclear Material Transaction Report and NUREG/BR-0006, Revision 7, “Instructions for Completing Nuclear Material Transaction Reports.”
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0003.
3. How often the collection is required: Form 741 is submitted when specified events occur (nuclear materials or source material transfers, receipts, or inventory changes).
4. Who is required or asked to report: Persons licensed to possess specified quantities of special nuclear material or source material. Any licensee who ships, receives, or otherwise undergoes an inventory change of special nuclear or source material is required to submit a Form 741 to document the change.
5. The number of annual respondents: 340.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 12,500.
7. Abstract: NRC is required to collect nuclear material transaction information for domestic safeguards use and make it available to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). Licensees use Form 741 to make inventory and accounting reports for certain source or special nuclear material, or for transfer or receipt of 1 kilogram or more of course material. This form enables the NRC to collect, retrieve, analyze, and submit the data to IAEA to fulfill its reporting responsibilities.
Submit, by February 25, 2014 comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?Start Printed Page 79015
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2013-0167. You may submit your comments by any of the following methods: Electronic comments go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2013-0167. Mail comments to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone at 301-415-6258, or by email to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 20th day of December, 2013.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2013-31030 Filed 12-26-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P