This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 12/26/2013 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on September 12, 2013 (78 FR 56247). No comments were received.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 314, Certificate of Disposition of Materials.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0028.
4. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 314.
5. How often the collection is required: This form is submitted once, when a licensee terminates its license.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Persons holding an NRC license for the possession and use of radioactive byproduct, source, or special nuclear material who are ceasing licensed activities and terminating the license.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 136.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 136.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 68.
10. Abstract: NRC Form 314 furnishes information to the NRC regarding transfer or other disposition of radioactive material by licensees who wish to terminate their licenses. The information is used by the NRC as part of the basis for its determination that the facility has been cleared of radioactive material before the facility is released for unrestricted use.
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by January 27, 2014. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Chad Whiteman, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0028), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be emailed to Chad_S_Whiteman@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at 202-395-4718.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, telephone: 301-415-6258.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 19th day of December, 2013.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2013-31031 Filed 12-26-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P