This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 12/26/2013 at 08:45 am.
Notice of Issuance of an Export Trade Certificate of Review to Emporia Trading LLC, Application No. 13-00001.
The U.S. Department of Commerce issued an Export Trade Certificate of Review to Emporia Trading LLC on December 16, 2013.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Joseph E. Flynn, Director, Office of Trade and Economic Analysis, International Trade Administration, by telephone at (202) 482-5131 (this is not a toll-free number) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Title III of the Export Trading Company Act of 1982 (15 U.S.C. Sections 4001-21) authorizes the Secretary of Commerce to issue Export Trade Certificates of Review. The regulations implementing Title III are found at 15 CFR Part 325 (2013). The U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration, Office of Competition and Economic Analysis (“OCEA”) is issuing this notice pursuant to 15 CFR 325.6(b), which requires the Secretary of Commerce to publish a summary of the issuance in the Federal Register. Under Section 305(a) of the Export Trading Company Act (15 U.S.C. 4012(b)(1)) and 15 CFR 325.11(a), any person aggrieved by the Secretary's determination may, within 30 days of the date of this notice, bring an action in any appropriate district court of the United States to set aside the determination on the ground that the determination is erroneous.
Members (Within the Meaning of 15 CFR 325.2(1))
Robert T “Terry” Smith, Sr. and Robert “Bobby” Smith. Jr.Start Printed Page 78819
Description of Certified Conduct
Emporia is certified to engage in the Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation described below in the following Export Trade and Export Markets.
Products: Manufactured Products [NAICS 31-33]
Services: All services related to the export of Products.
Technology Rights: All intellectual property rights associated with Products or Services, including, but not limited to: Patents, trademarks, services marks, trade names, copyrights, neighboring (related) rights, trade secrets, know-how, and confidential databases and computer programs.
Export Trade Facilitation Services (as They Relate to the Export of Products): Export Trade Facilitation Services, including but not limited to: Consulting and trade strategy, arranging and coordinating delivery of Products to the port of export; arranging for inland and/or ocean transportation; allocating Products to vessel; arranging for storage space at port; arranging for warehousing, stevedoring, wharfage, handling, inspection, fumigation, and freight forwarding; insurance and financing; documentation and services related to compliance with customs' requirements; sales and marketing; export brokerage; foreign marketing and analysis; foreign market development; overseas advertising and promotion; Products-related research and design based upon foreign buyer and consumer preferences; inspection and quality control; shipping and export management; export licensing; provisions of overseas sales and distribution facilities and overseas sales staff; legal; accounting and tax assistance; development and application of management information systems; trade show exhibitions; professional services in the area of government relations and assistance with federal and state export assistance programs (e.g., Export Enhancement and Market Promotion programs, invoicing (billing) foreign buyers; collecting (letters of credit and other financial instruments) payment for Products; and arranging for payment of applicable commissions and fees.
The Export Markets include all parts of the world except the United States (the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands).
Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operations
To engage in Export Trade in the Export Markets, Emporia Trading LLC and its individual members (collectively “Emporia”) may:
1. Provide and/or arrange for the provision of Export Trade Facilitation Services;
2. Engage in promotional and marketing activities and collect information on trade opportunities in the Export Markets and distribute such information to clients;
3. Enter into exclusive and/or non-exclusive licensing and/or sales agreements with Suppliers for the export of products and services, and/or technology rights to Export Markets;
4. Enter into exclusive and/or non-exclusive agreements with distributors and/or sales representatives in Export Markets;
5. Allocate export sales or divide Export Markets among Suppliers for the sale and/or licensing of products and services and/or technology rights;
6. Allocate export orders among Suppliers;
7. Establish the price of products and services and/or technology rights for sales and/or licensing in Export Markets; and
8. Negotiate, enter into, and/or manage licensing agreements for the export of technology rights.
9. Emporia may exchange information with individual Suppliers on a one-to-one basis regarding that Supplier's inventories and near-term production schedules in order that the availability of Products for export can be determined and effectively coordinated by Emporia with its distributors in Export Markets.
“Supplier” means a person who produces, provides, or sells Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights.Start Signature
Dated: December 23, 2013.
Joseph E. Flynn,
Office Director, Office of Trade and Economic Analysis.
[FR Doc. 2013-31140 Filed 12-26-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-DR-P