This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 01/13/2014 at 08:45 am.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register, 78 FR 66382, November 5, 2013, allowing for a 60-day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until February 13, 2014. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this Start Printed Page 2479notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530. Additionally, comments also may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-5806. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who elect to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: New Voluntary Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Request by Organization for Accreditation of Non-Attorney Representative.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: EOIR-31A. Executive Office for Immigration Review, United States Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who may choose to respond to this collection, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Non-profit organizations seeking accreditation of its representatives by the Board of Immigration Appeals (Board) of the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR). Other: None. Abstract: This information collection will allow an organization to seek accreditation for a non-attorney representative to appear before EOIR and/or the Department of Homeland Security. The Form EOIR-31A will elicit, in a uniform manner, all of the required information for EOIR to determine whether a proposed representative meets the eligibility requirements for accreditation.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 544 respondents will complete the form annually with an average of 2 hours per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 1,088 total burden hours associated with this collection annually.
If additional information is required, contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3W-1407B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: January 8, 2014.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-00422 Filed 1-13-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-30-P