Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. Department of Energy.
Notice and Request for Comments.
The Department of Energy's (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) invites public comment on a proposed collection of information that DOE/EERE is developing for submission to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) pursuant to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. Comments are invited on: (a) Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information shall have practical utility; (b) the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used; (c) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (d) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on respondents, including through the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Comments regarding this proposed information collection must be received on or before April 14, 2014. If you anticipate difficulty in submitting comments within that period, contact the person listed in ADDRESSES as soon as possible.
Written comments may be sent to Lisa Jorgensen at: U.S. Department of Energy, 15013 Denver West Parkway, Golden, CO 80401, by fax at (730-356-1790), or by email at EEREQComments@go.doe.gov.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Requests for additional information or copies of the EERE Environmental Questionnaire should be directed to Lisa Jorgensen at EEREQComments@go.doe.gov. The EERE Environmental Questionnaire also is available for viewing in the Golden Field Office Public Reading Room at: http://www.eere.energy.gov/golden/Reading_Room.aspx.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
This information collection request contains:
(1) OMB No. New;
(2) Information Collection Request Title: Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Environmental Questionnaire;
(3) Type of Request: New;
(4) Purpose: The DOE's EERE provides federal funding through federal assistance programs to businesses, industries, universities, and other groups for renewable energy and energy efficiency research and development and demonstration projects. The National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) of 1969 (42 U.S.C. 4321 et seq.) requires that an environmental analysis be completed for all major federal actions significantly affecting the environment including projects entirely or partly financed by federal agencies. To effectively perform environmental analyses for these projects, the DOE's EERE needs to collect project-specific information from federal financial assistance awardees. DOE's EERE has developed its Environmental Questionnaire to obtain the required information and ensure that its decision-making processes are consistent with NEPA as it relates to renewable energy and energy efficiency research and development and demonstration projects;
(5) Annual Estimated Number of Total Responses: 300;
(6) Average Hours per Response: .5; and
(7) Annual Estimated Number of Burden Hours: 150.
End Supplemental Information
Issued in Golden, CO, on February 4, 2014.
Robin L. Sweeney,
Environmental Oversight Office, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
[FR Doc. 2014-03055 Filed 2-11-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P