This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 03/21/2014 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an Start Printed Page 16062agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on December 27, 2013 (78 FR 79016).
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: Comprehensive Decommissioning Program, Including Annual Data Collection.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0206.
4. How often the collection is required: Annually.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: All Agreement States who have signed Section 274(b) Agreements with the NRC.
6. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 37 (14 Agreement States respondents with sites of interest + 23 Agreement States respondents with no sites of interest).
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 37 (14 Agreement States respondents with sites of interest + 23 Agreement States respondents with no sites of interest).
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 469 (400 hours from Agreement States with sites of interest + 69 hours from Agreement States with no sites of interest).
9. Abstract: The Agreement States will be asked to provide information about uranium recovery and complex sites undergoing decommissioning regulated by the Agreement States on an annual basis. The information request will allow the NRC to compile, in a centralized location, more complete information on the status of decommissioning and decontamination in the United States in order to provide a national perspective on decommissioning. The information will be made available to the public by the NRC in order to ensure openness and promote communication to enhance public knowledge of the national decommissioning program. This does not apply to information, such as trade secrets and commercial or financial information provided by the Agreement States, that is considered privileged or confidential. Information such as financial assurance and the status of decommissioning funding would need to be identified by the Agreement State as privileged or confidential, whereupon the NRC would withhold such information from public access and treat it as sensitive or non-sensitive, per the considerations in 10 CFR 2.390 and 9.17. This does not apply to financial assurance or decommissioning funding information that is already available to the public. Although specific details of the funding mechanisms are treated as confidential, beneficial lessons learned regarding the improvement of decommissioning-related funding will be shared with the Agreement States.
The public may examine, and have copied for a fee, publicly-available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by April 23, 2014. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Danielle Y. Jones, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0206), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be emailed to Danielle_Y_Jones@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at 202-395-1741.
The Acting NRC Clearance Officer is Kristen Benney, telephone: 301-415-6355.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 18th day of March, 2014.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2014-06259 Filed 3-21-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P