Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 79, Number 13, page 3407 on January 21, 2014, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until April 28, 2014.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Raymond A. Pagliarini, Jr., Assistant Administrator, Human Resources Division, Drug Enforcement Administration, 8701 Morrissette Drive, Springfield, VA 22152.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection 1117-0043
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Drug Questionnaire (DEA Form 341)\.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number: DEA Form 341.
Component: Human Resources Division, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Abstract: DEA Policy states that a past history of illegal drug use may be a disqualification for employment with DEA. This form asks job applicants specific questions about their personal history, if any, of illegal drug use.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 255,000 respondents will respond annually, taking 5 minutes to complete each form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 21,250 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3W-1407B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: March 25, 2014.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-06951 Filed 3-27-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-P