Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), DOT.
Notice of Limitation on Claims for Judicial Review of Actions by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327.
The FHWA, on behalf of Caltrans, is issuing this notice to announce actions taken by Caltrans, that are final within the meaning of 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). The actions relate to a proposed highway project, Ferguson Slide Permanent Restoration Project on State Route 140 from 8 miles east of Briceburg to 7.6 miles west of El Portal in the County of Mariposa, State of California. Those actions grant licenses, permits, and approvals for the project.
By this notice, the FHWA, on behalf of Caltrans, is advising the public of final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). A claim seeking judicial review of the Federal agency actions on the highway project will be barred unless the claim is filed on or before September 11, 2014. If the Federal law that authorizes judicial review of a claim provides a time period of less than 150 days for filing such claim, then that shorter time period still applies.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
California Department of Transportation, Scott Smith, Branch Chief, Central Sierra Environmental Analysis, 800 M. Street, Suite 200, Fresno, CA 93721, (559) 445-6172, firstname.lastname@example.org, Mon.-Fri. 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Effective July 1, 2007, the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) assigned, and the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) assumed, environmental responsibilities for this project pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327. Notice is hereby given that the Caltrans, have taken final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1) by issuing licenses, permits, and approvals for the following highway project in the State of California: Ferguson Slide Permanent Restoration Project on State Route 140 from 8 miles east of Briceburg to 7.6 miles west of El Portal in the County of Mariposa, California. Caltrans proposes to restore full highway access between Mariposa and Yosemite via State Route 140 in Mariposa County, California, by repairing or permanently bypassing the portion of State Route 140 that was blocked and damaged by the Ferguson rockslide. The existing detour was constructed during a declared emergency and was designed as a temporary solution to the closure of State Route 140. The total length of the project area is 0.7 mile. The actions by the Federal agencies, and the laws under which such actions were taken, are described in the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) for the project, approved on January 28, 2014, in the FHWA Record of Decision (ROD) issued on April 1, 2014, and in other documents in the FHWA project records. The FEIS, ROD, and other project records are available by contacting Caltrans at the addresses provided above. The Caltrans FEIS and ROD can be viewed and downloaded from the project Web site at http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist10/environmental/projects/fergusonslide/EnvironmentalDocuments.html.
This notice applies to all Federal agency decisions as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws under which such actions were taken, including but not limited to:
1. General: National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) [42 U.S.C. 4321-4335].
2. Air: Clean Air Act [23 U.S.C. 109(j) and 42 U.S.C 7521(a)].
3. Land: Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act of 1966 [23 U.S.C. 138 and 49 U.S.C. 303]; Wild and Scenic Rivers Act [16 U.S.C. 1271-1287]; The Public Health and Welfare [42 U.S.C. 4331(b)(2)].
4. Wildlife: Federal Endangered Species Act [16 U.S.C. 1531-1543]; Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act [16 Start Printed Page 20967U.S.C. 661-666(C); Migratory Bird Treaty Act [16 U.S.C. 760c-760g].
5. Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended [16 U.S.C. 470(f) et seq.]; Archeological Resources Protection Act of 1977 [16 U.S.C. 470(aa)-470 (ll)]; Archeological and Historic Preservation Act [16 U.S.C. 469-469(c)]; Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) [25 U.S.C. 3001-3013].
6. Social and Economic: NEPA implementation [23 U.S.C. 109(h)]; Civil Rights Act of 1964 [42 U.S.C. 2000(d)-2000(d)(1)].
7. Wetlands and Water Resources: Clean Water Act [33 U.S.C. 1344]; Wild and Scenic Rivers Act [16 U.S.C. 1271-1287].
8. Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 13112 Invasive Species; E.O. 11988 Floodplain management; E.O. 12898 Federal actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations.
(Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Program Number 20.205, Highway Planning and Construction. The regulations implementing Executive Order 12372 regarding intergovernmental consultation on Federal programs and activities apply to this program.)
End Supplemental Information
Issued on: April 8, 2014.
Team Leader North, Project Delivery, Federal Highway Administration, Sacramento, California.
[FR Doc. 2014-08308 Filed 4-11-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-XX-P