This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 04/18/2014 at 08:45 am.
National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Commerce.
Notice; public meeting.
The Pacific Fishery Management Council's (Pacific Council) Highly Migratory Species Management Team (HMSMT) will hold a meeting, which is open to the public.
The HMSMT will meet Wednesday, May 7, 2014, to Friday, May 9, 2014. The meeting will begin each day at 8:30 a.m. and continue until close of business on each day. The meeting is expected to adjourn by midday on May 9.
Meeting Address: The meeting will be held in U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 2177 Salk Avenue, Suite 250, Carlsbad, CA 92008.
Council Address: Pacific Council, 7700 NE Ambassador Place, Suite 101, Portland, OR 97220-1384.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Dr. Kit Dahl, Pacific Council; telephone: (503) 820-2280.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The HMSMT plans to discuss the following topics:
1. Potential changes to management measures for the west coast drift gillnet fishery based on guidance from the Council at its March 2014 meeting. Topics covered include a long-term transition plan for the fishery, the use of alternative gear types, and establishing a Federal limited access permit program for the fishery.
2. Criteria for evaluating exempted fishing permits submitted to test alternative gear.
3. Council recommendations with respect to international management of HMS stocks of interest.
4. Potential changes to HMS management that may be implemented for the April 1, 2015-March 31, 2017 biennial period, which the Council will begin considering in June 2014. Specifically, recreational fishery bag limit changes for Pacific bluefin tuna.
5. Other informational items and related tasks such as preparation of the HMS SAFE document.
Although nonemergency issues not contained in the meeting agenda may be discussed, those issues may not be the subject of formal action during these meetings. Action will be restricted to those issues specifically listed in this document and any issues arising after publication of this document that require emergency action under section 305(c) of the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, provided the public has been notified of the intent to take final action to address the emergency.
The meetings are physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Mr. Kris Kleinschmidt at (503) 820-2280 at least 5 days prior to the meeting date.Start Signature
Dated: April 16, 2014.
Tracey L. Thompson,
Acting Deputy Director, Office of Sustainable Fisheries, National Marine Fisheries Service.
[FR Doc. 2014-09003 Filed 4-18-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-22-P