Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice, Information Services Division, Department of Justice.
60-day notice. CJIS Name Check Form (1-791).
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until June 30, 2014.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Marissa N. Pasquale, Management and Program Analyst, FBI, CJIS, Biometric Services Section, Customer Support Unit, Module E-1, 1000 Custer Hollow Road, Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306 (facsimile: 304-625-5392).
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Bureau of Justice Statistics, including whether the information will have practical utility;Start Printed Page 24008
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Approval of existing collection in use without an OMB control number.
(2) The Title of the Form/Collection: CJIS Name Check Request.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: 1-791.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Agencies authorized to submit applicant fingerprints into the Next Generation Identification (NGI) system for noncriminal justice purposes such as employment, benefits, and licensing. This form is completed to obtain a name check for an applicant when the fingerprints have been rejected twice for quality to ensure eligible individuals are not denied employment, benefits, or licensing.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 11,000 respondents will complete each form within approximately 5 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 10,810 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: April 23, 2014.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-09639 Filed 4-28-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-02-P