Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 61, Licensing Requirements for Land Disposal of Radioactive Waste.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0135.
3. How often the collection is required: Applications for licenses are submitted as needed. Other reports are submitted annually and as other events require.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Applicants for and holders of an NRC license (to include Agreement State licensees) for land disposal of low-level radioactive waste; and all generators, collectors, and processors of low-level waste intended for disposal at a low-level waste facility.
5. The number of annual respondents: 4.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 5,372 hours (56 hours reporting + 5,316 hours recordkeeping).
7. Abstract: Part 61 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations establishes the procedures, criteria, and license terms and conditions for the land disposal of low-level radioactive waste. The reporting and recordkeeping requirements are mandatory and, in the case of application submittals, are required to obtain a benefit. The information collected in the applications, reports, and records is evaluated by the NRC to ensure that the licensee's or applicant's disposal facility, equipment, organization, training, experience, procedures, and plans provide an adequate level of protection of public health and safety, common defense and security, and the environment.
Submit, by July 7, 2014, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
The public may examine and have copied, for a fee, publicly-available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.Start Printed Page 26271
Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2014-0094. You may submit your comments by any of the following methods: Electronic comments go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2014-0094. Mail comments to Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Kristen Benney (T-5 F50), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Kristen Benney (T-5 F50), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-6355, or by email to Infocollects.Resource@NRC.gov.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 1st day of May, 2014.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2014-10383 Filed 5-6-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P