This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 05/07/2014 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.Start Printed Page 26465
Draft interim staff guidance; request for extension of comment period.
On April 4, 2014, the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) published a request for public comment on a draft regulatory issue summary (RIS) that restates regulatory requirements and staff positions on protection from tornado missiles. The public comment period was originally scheduled to close on June 3, 2014. The NRC has decided to extend the public comment period on this document to allow more time for members of the public to develop and submit their comments.
Comments must be filed no later than June 18, 2014. Comments received after this date will be considered, if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods (unless this document describes a different method for submitting comments on a specific subject):
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2014-0071. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-287-3422; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov. For technical questions, contact the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this document.
- Mail comments to: Cindy Bladey, Office of Administration, Mail Stop: 3WFN-06-44M, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
For additional direction on accessing information and submitting comments, see “Accessing Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Todd Keene, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, telephone: 301-287-1994, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Accessing Information and Submitting Comments
A. Accessing Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2014-0071 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information regarding this document. You may access publicly-available information related to this action by the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2014-0071.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may access publicly available documents online in the NRC Library at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The draft RIS, “Tornado Missile Protection,” is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML13094A421.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2014-0071 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in you comment submission. The NRC will post all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as enter the comment submissions into ADAMS. The NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment submissions into ADAMS.
II. Further Information
On April 4, 2014 (79 FR 18933), the NRC published a request for public comment on a draft regulatory issue summary (RIS) that restates regulatory requirements and staff positions on protection from tornado missiles.
The public comment period was originally scheduled to close on June 3, 2014. The NRC has decided to extend the public comment period on this document to allow more time for stakeholders to use information from the public meeting to develop their comments. The deadline for submitting comments will be extended to June 18, 2014.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 30th day of April, 2014.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting Branch Chief, Generic Communications Branch, Division of Policy and Rulemaking, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation.
[FR Doc. 2014-10586 Filed 5-7-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P