This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 05/30/2014 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the information collection described below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this Notice is to allow 30 days for public comment.
Submit comments directly to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) up to July 2, 2014.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and the OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to Sydney Taylor, who may be reached at PRA_BurdenComments@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Nonimmigrant Visa Application.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0018.
- Type of Request: Revision of Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: CA/VO/L/R.
- Form Number: DS-156.
- Respondents: All Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 1,000.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 1,000.
- Average Time per Response: 75. minutes
- Total Estimated Burden Time: 1,250 hours.
- Frequency: Once per respondent.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain a Benefit.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of proposed collection: Form DS-156 is required by regulation of all nonimmigrant visa applicants who do not use the Online Application for Nonimmigrant Visa (Form DS-160). Posts will use the DS-156 to elicit information necessary to determine an applicant's visa eligibility.
Methodology: The DS-156, Nonimmigrant Visa Application is available online at https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp. The applicant must fill out the form online and print out the 2-D Barcode. This form will only be used if applicants cannot access the DS-160, Electronic Application for Nonimmigrant Visa.Start Signature
Dated: May 21, 2014.
Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2014-12699 Filed 5-30-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P