This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 06/10/2014 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Draft program-specific guidance; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is revising its licensing guidance for well logging, tracer, and field flood study licenses. The NRC is requesting public comment on draft NUREG-1556, Volume 14, Revision 1, “Consolidated Guidance about Materials Licenses: Program-Specific Guidance about Well Logging, Tracer, and Field Flood Study Licenses.” The document has been updated from the previous revision to include information on safety culture, security of radioactive materials, protection of sensitive information, and changes in regulatory policies and practices. This document is intended for use by applicants, licensees, and the NRC staff.
Submit comments by July 11, 2014. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received before this date.Start Printed Page 33601
You may submit comments by any of the following methods (unless this document describes a different method for submitting comments on a specific subject):
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2014-0119. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-287-3422; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov. For technical questions, contact the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this document.
- Mail comments to: Cindy Bladey, Office of Administration, Mail Stop: 3WFN-06-A44MP, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
For additional direction on obtaining information and submitting comments, see “Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Tomas Herrera, Office of Federal and State Materials and Environmental Management Programs; U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-7138; email: Tomas.Herrera@nrc.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2014-0119 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information regarding this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2014-0119.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents Collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The draft NUREG-1556, Volume 14, Revision 1, is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML14148A165.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
The draft NUREG-1556, Volume 14, Revision 1, is also available on the NRC's public Web site on the: (1) “Consolidated Guidance About Materials Licenses (NUREG-1556)” page at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/nuregs/staff/sr1556/; and the (2) “Draft NUREG-Series Publications for Comment” page at http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment.html#nuregs.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2014-0119 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information that you do not want publicly disclosed in your comment submission. The NRC will post all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as enter the comment submissions into ADAMS, and the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
II. Further Information
The NUREG provides guidance to existing well logging, tracer, and field flood study licensees and to an applicant in preparing a well logging, tracer, and field flood study license application. The NUREG also provides the NRC with criteria for evaluating a license application. The purpose of this notice is to provide the public with an opportunity to review and provide comments on draft NUREG-1556, Volume 14, Revision 1, “Consolidated Guidance about Materials Licenses: Program-Specific Guidance about Well Logging, Tracer, and Field Flood Study Licenses.” These comments will be considered in the final version or subsequent revisions.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 3rd day of June, 2014.
For the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Laura A. Dudes,
Director, Division of Materials Safety and State Agreements, Office of Federal and State Materials and Environmental Management Programs.
[FR Doc. 2014-13598 Filed 6-10-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P