Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 79, Number 70, page Start Printed Page 3435720234 on April 11, 2014, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until July 16, 2014.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Christopher Reeves, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Federal Explosives Licensing Center, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503 or send email to OIRA_submission@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this Information Collection 1140-0096:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension without change of an existing collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Environmental Information.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number: ATF Form 5000.29.
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Individual or households.
Abstract: The information will help ATF identify any waste product(s) generated as a result of the operations by the applicant and the disposal of the products. The information will help determine if there is any adverse impact on the environment.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 680 respondents will take 30 minutes to complete the form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection:
The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 340 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3E-405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: June 11, 2014.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-13995 Filed 6-13-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P