This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 06/20/2014 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment preceding submission of the collection to OMB.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to August 22, 2014.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Web: Persons with access to the Internet may use the Federal Docket Management System (FDMS) to comment on this notice by going to www.Regulations.gov. You can search for the document by entering “Public Notice 8773” in the Search bar. If necessary, use the Narrow by Agency filter option on the Results page.
- Email: MillerKD2@state.gov.
- Mail: Keith D. Miller, Office of Overseas Schools, U.S. Department of State, Room H-328, 2301 C Street NW., Washington, DC 20522-0132.
- Fax: 202-261-8224.
- Hand Delivery or Courier: Keith D. Miller, Office of Overseas Schools, U.S. Department of State, Room H-328, 2401 E Street NW., Washington, DC 20037.Start Printed Page 35629
You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection title, and the OMB control number in any correspondence.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to Keith D. Miller, Office of Overseas Schools, U.S. Department of State, Room H-328, 2401 C Street NW., Washington, DC 20522-0132, who may be reached on 202-261-8200 or at MillerKD2@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Overseas Schools Grant Request Automated Submissions Program (GRASP).
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0036.
- Type of Request: Revision of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Administration, A/OPR/OS.
- Form Number: DS-573, DS-574, DS-575, and DS-576.
- Respondents: Recipients of grants.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 198.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 198.
- Average Time per Response: 90 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden Time: 297 hours.
- Frequency: Annually.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain a Benefit.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of proposed collection: In accordance with the Consolidated Overseas Schools Program as outlined in 2 FAM 610, the Office of Overseas Schools of the Department of State (A/OPR/OS) is responsible for determining that adequate educational opportunities exist at Foreign Service posts for dependents of U.S. Government personnel stationed abroad and for assisting American-sponsored overseas schools to demonstrate U.S. educational philosophy and practice. The information gathered enables A/OPR/OS to advise the Department and other foreign affairs agencies regarding current and constantly changing conditions, and enables A/OPR/OS to make judgments regarding assistance to schools for the improvement of educational opportunities.
Methodology: Information is collected via electronic media.Start Signature
Dated: June 10, 2014.
William S. Amoroso,
Executive Director, Bureau of Administration, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2014-14599 Filed 6-20-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-24-P