Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) are minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, CNCS is soliciting comments concerning its proposed renewal of the Award Transfer forms: Request to Transfer a Segal Education Award Amount, Accept/Decline Award Transfer Form, Request to Revoke Transfer of Education Award Form, and Rescind Acceptance of Award Transfer Form. These forms enable AmeriCorps members and recipients of the Segal Education Award to meet the legal requirements of the award transfer process. Copies of the information collection request can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the ADDRESSES section of this Notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by August 25, 2014.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) Electronically through www.regulations.gov.
(2) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, National Service Trust, Attention: Nahid Jarrett, 8304B, 1201 New York Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20525.
(3) By hand delivery or by courier to the CNCS mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call 1-800-833-3722 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Nahid Jarrett, 202-606-6753, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
CNCS is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of CNCS, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or Start Printed Page 43445other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
AmeriCorps members may offer to transfer all or part of their qualified education awards to certain family members. Provision is made to accept the transfer or not, rescind acceptance, or revoke the transfer. These processes are implemented electronically where possible but paper forms are available if necessary.
CNCS seeks to renew the current information. We are adding the categories of stepchild and step-grandchild to the list of qualified recipients of the award transfer. Aside from this change, some minor formatting and editing revisions have been made.
The information collection will otherwise be used in the same manner as the existing application. CNCS also seeks to continue using the current forms until the revised forms are approved by OMB. The current information collection is due to expire on July 16, 2014.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Request to Transfer a Segal Education Award Amount, Accept/Decline Award Transfer Form, Request to Revoke Transfer of Education Award Form, and Rescind Acceptance of Award Transfer Form.
OMB Number: 3045-0136.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: AmeriCorps members with eligible education awards and qualified recipients.
Total Respondents: 1420.
Average Time per Response: Averages 5 minutes.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 118.33.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: July 22, 2014.
Chief of Trust Operations.
[FR Doc. 2014-17582 Filed 7-24-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-28-P