Executive Office for Immigration Review, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 79, Number 107, page 32314, on June 4, 2014, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until September 11, 2014.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Jeff Rosenblum, General Counsel, USDOJ-EOIR-OGC, Suite 2600, 5107 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, Virginia, 20530; telephone: (703) 305-0470. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision and extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative before the Board of Immigration Appeals.
(3) Agency form number: EOIR-27 (OMB #1125-0005).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Attorneys or representatives notifying the Board of Immigration Appeals (Board) that they are representing a party in proceedings before the Board. Other: None. Abstract: This information collection is necessary to allow an attorney or representative to notify the Board that he or she is representing a party before the Board.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 26,544 respondents will complete each form within approximately 6 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 2,654 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Start Printed Page 47158Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: August 7, 2014.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-19021 Filed 8-11-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-30-P