The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA), federal agencies are required to Start Printed Page 57933publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, and to allow a second opportunity for public comment on the notice. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding the burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including any of the following subjects: (1) The necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions; (2) the accuracy of the estimated burden; (3) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (4) the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Comments on the collection(s) of information must be received by the OMB desk officer by October 27, 2014:
When commenting on the proposed information collections, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be received by the OMB desk officer via one of the following transmissions: OMB, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: CMS Desk Officer, Fax Number: (202) 395-5806 OR, Email: OIRA_submission@omb.eop.gov.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' Web site address at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PaperworkReductionActof1995.
2. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
3. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA) (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)) requires federal agencies to publish a 30-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice that summarizes the following proposed collection(s) of information for public comment:
1. Type of Information Collection Request: New collection (Request for a new OMB control number); Title of Information Collection: Cost Sharing Reduction Reconciliation; Use: Under established Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) regulations, qualified health plan (QHP) issuers will receive estimated advance payments of cost-sharing reductions throughout the year. Each issuer will then be subject to a reconciliation process at the end of the benefit year to ensure that HHS reimburses each issuer only for actual cost sharing. This proposed collection establishes the data elements that a QHP issuer would be required to report to HHS in order to establish the cost-sharing reductions provided on behalf of enrollees for the benefit year. Comments were received and addressed in a Response to Comments document. Form Number: CMS-10526 (OMB control number: 0938-NEW); Frequency: Annually; Affected Public: Private sector—Business or other for-profits; Number of Respondents: 295; Total Annual Responses: 4 million; Total Annual Hours: 2,469. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Patricia Meisol at 410-786-1917.)
2. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a currently approved information collection; Title of Information Collection: Medicaid Incentives for Prevention of Chronic Disease (MIPCD) Demonstration; Use: Under section 4108(d)(1) of the Affordable Care Act, we are required to contract with an independent entity or organization to conduct an evaluation of the Medicaid Incentives for Prevention of Chronic Disease (MIPCD) demonstration. The contractor will conduct state site visits, two rounds of focus group discussions, interviews with key program stakeholders, and field a beneficiary satisfaction survey. Both the state site visits and interviews with key program stakeholders will entail one-on-one interviews; however each set will have a unique data collection form. Thus, each evaluation task listed above has a separate data collection form and this proposed information collection encompasses six data collection forms. The purpose of the evaluation and assessment includes determining the following:
- The effect of such initiatives on the use of health care services by Medicaid beneficiaries participating in the program;
- The extent to which special populations (including adults with disabilities, adults with chronic illnesses, and children with special health care needs) are able to participate in the program;
- The level of satisfaction of Medicaid beneficiaries with respect to the accessibility and quality of health care services provided through the program; and
- The administrative costs incurred by state agencies that are responsible for administration of the program.
Subsequent to the initial OMB approval issued January 23, 2014, we have added two Administrative Cost forms to the information collection. The burden estimates for this information collection have been revised to account for the burden associated with the new forms. Form Number: CMS-10477 (OMB control number: 0938-1219); Frequency: Annually; Affected Public: Individuals and Households, Private sector—Business or other for-profits and Not-for-profit institutions, State, Local or Tribal Governments; Number of Respondents: 4,706; Total Annual Responses: 4,706; Total Annual Hours: 2,236. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Jean Scott at 410-786-6327.)
End Supplemental Information
Dated: September 23, 2014.
Director, Regulations Development Group, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2014-22980 Filed 9-25-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P