This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 10/03/2014 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on July 21, 2014.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 9, “Public Records.”
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0043.
4. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 509; NRC Form 509A.
5. How often the collection is required: On Occasion.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Individuals requesting access to records under the Freedom of Information (FOIA) or Privacy Acts (PA), through the Public Document Room (PDR), and submitters of information containing trade secrets or confidential commercial or financial information who have been notified that the NRC has made an initial determination that the information should be disclosed.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 6,970.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 6,970.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1,968.1.
10. Abstract: Part 9 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR), prescribes procedures for individuals making requests for records under the FOIA or PA, and through the PDR. It contains information collection requirements for requests to waive or reduce fees for searching for and reproducing records in response to FOIA requests; appeals of denied requests; and requests for expedited processing. The information required from the public is necessary to justify requests for waivers or reductions in searching or copying fees; or to justify expedited processing. Section 9.28(b) provides that if the submitter of information designated to be trade secrets or confidential commercial or financial information objects to the disclosure, he must provide a written statement within 30 days that specifies all grounds why the information is a trade secret or commercial or financial information that is privileged or confidential.
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly-available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by November 5, 2014. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Danielle Jones, Desk Officer,
Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0043),
Office of Management and Budget,
Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be emailed to Danielle_Y_Jones@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at 202-395-1741.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, telephone: 301-415-6258.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 30th day of September, 2014.Start Printed Page 60188
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2014-23676 Filed 10-3-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P