Employment and Training Administration (ETA), Labor.
Notice of a public meeting.
Pursuant to Section 10 of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) (5 U.S.C. App. 2 § 10), notice is hereby given to announce an open meeting of the Advisory Committee on Apprenticeship (ACA) on Tuesday, November 18, 2014 and Wednesday, November 19, 2014. The meeting will convene over a day and a half. The ACA is a discretionary committee established by the Secretary of Labor, in accordance with FACA, as amended in 5 U.S.C. App. 2, and its implementing regulations (41 CFR 101-6 and 102-3). All meetings of the ACA are open to the public.
The meeting will begin at approximately 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday, November 18, 2014, at the U.S. Department of Labor, Francis Perkins Building, 200 Constitution Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20210, and will continue until approximately 5:00 p.m. The meeting will reconvene on Wednesday, November 19, 2014, at approximately 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time at the U.S. Department of Labor, Francis Perkins Building, 200 Constitution Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20210, and adjourn at approximately 4:00 p.m. Any updates to the agenda and meeting logistics will be posted on the Office of Apprenticeship's homepage: http://www.doleta.gov/oa/.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
The Designated Federal Official, Mr. John V. Ladd, Administrator, Office of Apprenticeship, Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Avenue NW., Room N-5311, Washington, DC 20210, Telephone: (202) 693-2796 (this is not a toll-free number).
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
In order to promote openness, and increase public participation, webinar and audio conference technology will be used throughout the meeting. Webinar and audio instructions will be prominently posted on the Office of Apprenticeship homepage: http://www.doleta.gov/oa/. Members of the public can attend the meeting in-person or virtually. Members of the public that will attend the meeting in-person are encouraged to arrive early to allow for security clearance into the Francis Perkins Building.
Security and Transportation Instructions for the Frances Perkins Building
Meeting participants should use the visitor's entrance to access the Frances Perkins Building, one block north of Constitution Avenue on 3rd and C Streets NW. For security purposes meeting participants must:
1. Present valid photo identification (ID) to receive a visitor badge.
2. Know the name of the event you are attending: the meeting event is the Advisory Committee on Apprenticeship meeting.
3. Visitor badges are issued by the security officer at the Visitor Entrance located at 3rd and C Streets NW., as described above.
4. Laptops and other electronic devices may be inspected and logged for identification purposes.
5. Due to limited parking options, Metro rail is the easiest way to travel to the Frances Perkins Building. For individuals wishing to take metro rail, the closest metro stop to the building is Judiciary Square on the Red Line.
Notice of Intent To Attend the Meeting
All meeting participants are being asked to submit a notice of intent to attend by Monday, November 3, 2014, via email to Mr. John V. Ladd at email@example.com, with the subject line “November 2014 ACA Meeting.”
1. Please indicate if you will be attending virtually, or in-person, to ensure adequate space is arranged to accommodate all meeting participants.
2. If individuals have special needs and/or disabilities that will require special accommodations, please contact Kenya Huckaby on (202) 693-3795 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, November 3, 2014.
3. Any member of the public who wishes to file written data or comments pertaining to the agenda may do so by sending the data or comments to Mr. John V. Ladd via email at email@example.com, subject line “November 2014 ACA Meeting,” or to the Office of Apprenticeship, Start Printed Page 61101Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, Room N-5311, 200 Constitution Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20210. Such submissions will be included in the record for the meeting if received by Monday, November 3, 2014.
4. See below regarding members of the public wishing to speak at the ACA meeting.
Purpose of the Meeting and Topics To Be Discussed
The purpose of the meeting will focus on Registered Apprenticeship expansion efforts. The agenda will cover the following topics:
- The American Apprenticeship Initiative
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and the Implications for Registered Apprenticeship
- Federal and State Partnerships Supporting Apprenticeship Expansion
- Sector-Based Outreach Efforts and Technical Assistance
- ACA Workgroup Updates
- New Member FACA Orientation and Ethics Training
- Other Matters of Interest to the Apprenticeship Community
- Public Comment
The agenda and meeting logistics may be updated should priority items come before the ACA between the time of this publication and the scheduled date of the ACA meeting. All meeting updates will be posted to the Office of Apprenticeship's homepage: http://www.doleta.gov/oa/. Any member of the public who wishes to speak at the meeting should indicate the nature of the intended presentation and the amount of time needed by furnishing a written statement to the Designated Federal Official, Mr. John V. Ladd, by Monday, November 3, 2014. The Chairperson will announce at the beginning of the meeting the extent to which time will permit the granting of such requests.
End Supplemental Information
Assistant Secretary for the Employment and Training Administration.
[FR Doc. 2014-24083 Filed 10-8-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4510-FR-P