Executive Office for Immigration Review, Department of Justice
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 79, Number 178, page 55015, on September 15, 2014, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until December 18, 2014.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Jeff Rosenblum, General Counsel, USDOJ-EOIR-OGC, Suite 2600, 5107 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, Virginia 20530; telephone: (703) 305-0470, or the DOJ Desk Officer at 202-395-5806. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Start Printed Page 68701Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Fee Waiver Request.
(3) Agency form number: EOIR-26A (OMB #1125-0003).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: An individual submitting an appeal or motion to the Board of Immigration Appeals. Other: Attorneys or representatives representing an alien in immigration proceedings before EOIR. Abstract: The information on the fee waiver request form is used by the Board of Immigration Appeals to determine whether the requisite fee for a motion or appeal will be waived due to an individual's financial situation.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 8,614 respondents will complete each form within approximately 1 hour.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 8,614 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: November 13, 2014.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-27250 Filed 11-17-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-30-P