The Emerging Technology and Research Advisory Committee (ETRAC) will meet on December 11, 2014, 8:30 a.m., Room 3884, at the Herbert C. Hoover Building, 14th Street between Pennsylvania and Constitution Avenues NW., Washington, DC. The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Export Administration on emerging technology and research activities, including those related to deemed exports.
Thursday, December 11
1. Welcome and Introductions.
2. Remarks by Assistant Secretary for Export Administration.
3. Status Report: Export Control Classification Number Review, Review by the ETRAC members of their assigned Categories to determine viability.
4. Recruitment for ETRAC members.
5. Harmonization of definitions—fundamental research.
6. Review of Meeting Minutes and topics delivered at ETRAC Fall meeting at the University of California-San Diego, including: Genetic Synthesis; Space Security; Unmanned Aerial Vehicles; Fundamental Research and Public Domain; New Technology Definition; and Additive Manufacturing.
7. Discussion of matters determined to be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 §§ 10(a)(1) and l0(a)(3).
The open sessions will be accessible via teleconference to 25 participants on a first come, first serve basis. To join the conference, submit inquiries to Ms. Yvette Springer at Yvette.Springer@bis.doc.gov no later than, December 4, 2014.
A limited number of seats will be available for the public session. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent that time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. The public may submit written statements at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate the distribution of public presentation materials to the Committee members, the Committee suggests that presenters forward the public presentation materials prior to the meeting to Ms. Springer via email.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the delegate of the General Counsel, formally determined on October 2, 2014, pursuant to Section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended, that the portion of the meeting dealing with matters the of which would be likely to frustrate significantly implementation of a proposed agency action as described in 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(9)(B) shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 §§ 10(a)1 and 10(a)(3). The remaining portions of the meeting will be open to the public.
For more information, call Yvette Springer at (202) 482-2813.
Dated: November 19, 2014.
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 2014-27868 Filed 11-24-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-P