National Protection and Programs Directorate, DHS.
60-day notice and request for comments; reinstatement of a previously approved collection: 1670-0023.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C), Office of Emergency Communications, (OEC) will submit the following Information Collection Request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (Pub. L. 104-13, 44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until February 9, 2015. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.1.
Written comments and questions about this Information Collection Request should be forwarded to DHS/NPPD/CS&C/OEC, 245 Murray Lane SW., Mail Stop 0640, Arlington,VA 20598-0640. Emailed requests should go to Kendall Carpenter, Kendall.Carpenter@hq.dhs.gov. Written comments should reach the contact person listed no later than February 9, 2015. Comments must be identified by “DHS-2014-0005”and may be submitted by one of the following methods:
○ Include the docket number in the subject line of the message.
Instructions: All submissions received must include the words “Department of Homeland Security” and the docket number for this action. Comments received will be posted without alteration at http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal information provided.
Start Supplemental Information
OEC formed under Title XVIII of the Homeland Security Act of 2002, 6 U.S.C.574 et seq., as amended, is authorized to provide technical assistance at no charge to State, regional, local, and tribal government officials. OEC will use the Technical Assistance Request Form to identify the number and type of technical assistance requests from each State and territory. OEC will use the Technical Assistance Evaluation Form to support quality improvement of its technical assistance services. Both Forms may be submitted electronically or in paper form.
OMB is particularly interested in comments that:
1. Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
2. Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
3. Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
4. Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
Agency: Department of Homeland Security, National Protection and Programs Directorate, Office of Emergency Communications.
Title: Technical Asistance Request and Evaluation.
OMB Number: 1670-0023.
Affected Public: State, local and tribal government.
Number of Respondents: 56 respondents (estimate).
Estimated Time per Respondent: 15 minutes.
Total Burden Hours: 175 annual burden hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): $0.
Total Recordkeeping Burden: $0.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintaining): $4,273.50.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: December 2, 2014.
Deputy Chief Information Officer, National Protection and Programs Directorate, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2014-28885 Filed 12-9-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9110-9P-P