This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 12/23/2014 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on October 6, 2014.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR) Part 73, “Physical Protection of Plants and Materials.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0002.
4. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
5. How often the collection is required: On occasion, with the exception of the initial submittal of revised Cyber Security Plans, Security Plans, Safeguards Contingency Plans, and Security Training and Qualification Plans. Required reports are submitted and evaluated as events occur.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Nuclear power reactor licensees, licensed under 10 CFR part 50 or 52 who possess, use, import, export, transport, or deliver to a carrier for transport, special nuclear material; actively decommissioning reactor licensees, Category I fuel facilities; Category II and III facilities; nonpower reactors (research and test reactors); 262 other nuclear materials licensees; and 200 state and Tribal contacts.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 154,748.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 581.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 543,443 (21,255 hours reporting + 486,746 hours recordkeeping + 35,442 hours third party disclosure).
10. Abstract: The NRC regulations in 10 CFR part 73 prescribe requirements to establish and maintain a physical protection system and security organization with capabilities for protection of (1) Special nuclear material (SNM) at fixed sites, (2) SNM in transit, and (3) plants in which SNM is used. The objective is to ensure that activities involving special nuclear material are consistent with interests of common defense and security and that these activities do not constitute an unreasonable risk to public health and safety. The information in the reports and records submitted by licensees is used by the NRC staff to ensure that the health and safety of the public and the environment are protected, and licensee possession and use of special nuclear material is in compliance with license and regulatory requirements.
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Start Printed Page 77537Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by January 23, 2015. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Vlad Dorjets, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0002), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503
Comments can also be emailed to Vladik_Dorjets@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-7315.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, 301-415-6258.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 18th day of December, 2014.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2014-30098 Filed 12-23-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P