This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 12/23/2014 at 08:45 am.
Department of State.
Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the information collection described below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this notice is to allow 30 days for public comment.
Submit comments directly to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) up to January 23, 2015.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com. You must include the DS form number, information title, and the OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to Robin J. Lerner, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Private Sector Exchange, ECA/EC, SA-5, Floor 5, Department of State, 2200 C Street NW., Washington, DC 20522-0505, who may be reached on 202-632-3206 or at JExchanges@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Training/Internship Placement Plan.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0170.
- Type of Request: Revision of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, ECA/EC.
- Form Number: Form DS-7002.
- Respondents: Entities designated by the Department of State as sponsors of exchange visitor programs in the trainee or intern categories and U.S. businesses that provide the training or internship opportunity.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 120.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 30,000.
- Average Hours per Response: 1.5 hours.
- Total Estimated Burden: 45,000 hours.
- Frequency: On occasion depending on the number of exchange participants annually.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain Benefits.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of technology.
Please note that the comments submitted in response to the Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of proposed collection:
The collection is the continuation of information collected and needed by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs in administering the Exchange Visitor Program (J-Nonimmigrant) under the provisions of the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act, as amended. Trainee/Internship Placement Plans are to be completed by designated program sponsors. A Training/Internship Placement Plan (T/IPP) is required for each trainee or intern participant. It will set forth the training or internship program to be followed, methods of supervision, the skills the trainee or intern will obtain, and trainee or intern remuneration. The plan must be signed by the trainee or intern, sponsor, and the third party placement organization, if a third party organization is used in the conduct of the training or internship. Upon request, trainees or interns must present a fully executed Trainee/Internship Placement Plan on Form DS-7002 to any Consular Official interviewing them in connection with the issuance of J-1 visas.Start Signature
Dated: December 18, 2014.
Robin J. Lerner,
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Private Sector Exchange, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2014-30238 Filed 12-23-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-05-P